Saturday, September 3, 2011

a good week...

Well, I know it's been most of the week since you all heard from us/me. It was just amazing to be home on Monday and sleep in my own bed. The week went fast and was just as busy as always...although I watched/helped from my position on the couch or bed. The pain is really not as bad as I expected. I am very tired but it hasn't been too hard to keep up on the pain. I am not able to take a shower for 2 WEEKS!! which has been interesting. less than a week to go now! He sealed the incision with a kind of a glue that is suppose to fall off on it's own giving a better looking scar. Then there is also no pushing , pulling, reaching with both hands above my head or behind my back....everything is connected to the muscles and tendons in your chest. Lots of help needed...
We went to my follow up appointment in Sacramento yesterday. It was a long day but Dr. Nasirov and Crystal his PA thought everything looked great. I have great lung capacity, the chest x-ray was clear...although weird to see the 8 metal "twisty ties" holding my ribs together...mmmm interesting to think of and they were happy with the scar. ....I will check back once more with them on Tuesday. Then next Friday back to the Pediatric Cardiologist at Sutter in Yuba City for an echo to take a look at everything.
I can't help but say that God is soooo good again. I can't hardly believe that I had open heart surgery LAST WEEK!! Lots of naps but I am really doing well!
Thank you to all of you out there for the dinners, plants, cards, flowers, balloons...Thank you most of all for your prayers as I feel like God has been holding on to me tight taking such good care of me and my family!!
PS I don't know much about blogs...this is my first time...I think I played with the settings and made it easier to comment...hopefully :)

Wendi

2 comments:

  1. Wendi! It's so great to get an update! Rest & relax...your body needs it. May God give you renewed strength soon. We are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    We have been following your blog & are so glad your home & getting better daily!

    We will continue to pray,
    Anita Rico

    ReplyDelete